Created by @e2221 in Q&As
@e2221
@e2221

How can I disable animation when I call link to any handler in js this way:

di.getService('page').open(link)

or:

di.getService("ajax").post(editableLink, { value: newValue, columnName: columnName });

Something like if make this:

<a n:href="myHandler!" data-transition="false">
@jahudka
@jahudka

Hi, using page.open() you can use the context parameter:

di.getService('page').open(url, method, data, context);

The context parameter is an object and one of the properties you can specify is trasition, which has the same semantics as the data-transition attribute, so you can specify a selector or a list of comma-separated selectors of element(s) you wish to animate, or false to disable transitions altogether for the request.

The ajax service itself doesn't itself trigger transitions - its only responsibility is sending the actual HTTP request, it doesn't know anything about transitions and such, so ajax.post() directly should never trigger a transition. If it does, well, that's something I'd like to know about! :-)

@e2221
@e2221

Thank you. You are right - ajax.post() is not triggering a transition. :-)

@denny
@denny

Hi @jahudka is there any option how to disable scrolling to top with data attribute like

data-transition="false"

Or any other way?

Thanks a lot

@jahudka
@jahudka

Hi @denny, yes of course - there are multiple ways to go about it, but the one most similar to putting data-transition="false" on a link is to add data-scroll-to="false" to disable scrolling altogether when opening the link.

@denny
@denny

Thank you @jahudka! That's exactly what I need. Just for the complete information. How I can disable scrolling while redirect or postGet?

@jahudka
@jahudka

@denny you can set $presenter->payload->scrollTo with the same semantics as the data-scroll-to attribute (unfortunately there are no helper methods for this in nittro/nette-bridges currently). The scrollTo option can be set to:

• false, to disable scrolling completely
  • null (the default), to scroll to the topmost snippet updated in the request (excluding snippets which have data-scroll-ignore="true" set)
  • a number, to scroll to a fixed offset from the top of the page
  • a selector, to scroll to the topmost matching element on the page

The scroll target is resolved according to the following logic:

• First, the context argument of page.open() is examined for the scrollTo option.
  • If scrollTo is not present in the context argument, but instead elem is present (this is typically the element which triggered the request, like the link the user clicked on or the form that was submitted), the scroll target is extracted from its data-scroll-to attribute, if present.
  • When the transaction is triggered by the user going back or forwards in the browser history and no scroll target has yet been set, the destination history state is examined, and if it contains a scroll target, it is used.
  • When the response payload is received and if it contains a scrollTo property, the scroll target is set to the scrollTo value from the response payload; this is the only case which overrides previous settings.
  • When a changeset is computed for any snippets which arrived with the response, if the scroll target is still not specified, it is set to a selector matching all new or updated snippets, excluding snippets which have data-scroll-ignore="true" set.

Crucially, the value of the scroll target is only resolved to an actual scroll offset at the very end of a page transaction, after all snippets have been applied - which means that if you use a selector, it will be resolved to elements after snippets are applied and then the offset will be derived from these elements.

EDIT: oh yeah, and if the scroll target is being resolved from an element, a scroll margin is added, which can be specified in bootstrap options and defaults to 30px.

Sign in to post a reply